Are you thinking about starting your own business? Have you ever considered Direct Sales? No, it’s not a scheme. There are thousands of sound DS companies that have been around for a long time. They didn’t make a name for themselves by bad business. Ever heard of Avon, Tupperware, or Mary Kay? These companies haven’t maintained being long standing pillars in the world of Direct Sales by scheming. I wonder just how many lives have been changed from just these 3 companies alone.
I can tell you from personal experience that Pink Zebra has changed my life forever. It can change yours too! When I started this journey over 2 years ago, I didn’t have any experience in direct sales. My mom sold Tupperware before I was born and we always had an Avon lady at our home once a month. This was all before the internet.
Now with an abundance of information at your fingertips, where do you go? You could get lost for hours on the cyber rabbit trail reading reviews of different companies. Here are a few suggestions from me.
1) Look for a company that is not saturated in your area. You can usually find that info on the companies main website while doing a locator search.
2) Consumable! A consumable product means that your customers will keep coming back for more. Make-up, Candles, etc. To me it seems non-consumable items are harder to sale. One can only have so many bags or pieces of jewelry. Don’t get me wrong, I know many women who have done very well for themselves selling non-consumable items.
3) How old is the company? Most DS companies don’t make it past the first 2 years of business. Being one of the first has it’s perks, but what if that company goes under? Pink Zebra has been around for 4 years as of 9/15. We’re only continuing to grow. Look for a company that is stable and has room for growth.
4) Watch out for high minimums. Most companies have a minimum purchase that is required from you. I.e. $400 every 3 months. Pink Zebra has a low minimum. $150 every 6 months to stay active.
5) Most important of all. Choose a company that you WANT to buy from. Discounts are offered to most consultants with any company. Choosing a company that offers you a product catagory that you already use can save you a ton of money in the long run. I.E. Pink Zebra offers Sprinkle melts and DIY candles, I have saved more than I can count on candles and wax cubes since starting my business. Since everything I purchase for myself comes at a discount of 25% off retail, I know I made a smart business decision even if I never sold to another person. The personal discount alone is worth it.
6) Choose your sponsor wisely. Be mindful of whose team you are joining. Look for leadership qualities, passion, and dedication in your upline before you purchase your kit. Many have joined a DS company only to regret not researching their upline a little more.
I hope the helpful hints have given you more of an understanding of what to look for in a company. Direct Sales can truly change your life, free up your schedule, put real money in your bank account, and blossom you into someone you only dreamed of becoming!
If you’d like to chat or have questions, email me @email@example.com or call me 361-571-6297!!
Blessings Upon Blessings,
Visit me online at sprinklesoffaith.com